Thursday, February 16, 2012

While We’re Far Apart by Lynn Austin



I was excited to read this one the moment I downloaded it. I have read many WW2 stories, but most were from the viewpoint of a person experiencing it in Europe. This story follows a couple people in New York and also the landlord’s son in Hungry. There are so many entwined plots!

-       The girl who gets confidence
-       The kids and landlord who learn to heal after losing a loved one.
-       Family reuniting
-       The family in Hungry praying for their lives
-       The Jews in America who are fundraising
-       Renewed faith
-       A little romance

I could probably add even more to the list. I tried to explain the story to my husband, but it was too complicated. It was a quick read. But very touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment